Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Network sync on a moved database

Copper Contributor

Network sync on a moved database

I have moved the publisher database to a new computer.

I have created a new remote database (to test) and it syncs just fine.

I am unable to get remote data bases that existed before the move to sync.   I have signed on to the remote database and changed the location of the publisher to equal the location shown in the "test" data base but no luck.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Silver Contributor

Re: Network sync on a moved database

THere are two settings on the remote dataabase that need to be set. One is the sync location (or destination)   Tools, synchronization, connection information. Set the IP address of the sync server.  You also configure the port (65011 or other here)  The other one is under Tools, Sync panel and Manage Main database Location.  The name of hte machine hosting hte master database goes here.

If this doesn't work,  What else is different?  Try recutting a new database and see if that goes.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Copper Contributor

First Question is How did you move the database?  Did you use ACTDIAG to Detach?  There is a KB 19817 that has the steps involved.  Backup and restore won't work.  I have moved several using the KB method although not always successfully on older versions of ACT.  What version of ACT are you using?

Rich Gehlbach
richgehl@roadrunner.com
Copper Contributor

changed both but no go. recut a database and it syncs. I dont want to have to recut databased for 8 users if I can help it.
Copper Contributor

version 2008 (10.0..)
I moved with the recommended - detach, copy files, recover
I have a working remote that I build from the new database but can't get the older ones to function.
Platinum Super Contributor

What is the error you receive when attempting to sync one of the original remotes?

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

the error message is:

Act! is unable to connect to the sync server.  Check to be sure "accept incoming sync" is enabled in he main database and that the Network sync service is running.  also be sure you are connected to your network.  contact you administrator for assistance.

I have two remote databases set up to test.   One is from the old location and one from the new.   the new location test remote database is able to sync.  the old is not.

thanks for your thoughts.  Eben