Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Network Synch Failure

Network Synch Failure

I have ACT! for Workgroups 2007 (9.0) Version 9.0.1.162 Hotfix 1 running on a Windows 2003 Server with several Windows XP clients connected directly, all running same version & hotfix. I also several satelite users with remote databases on Windows XP, same version and hotfix. Running Network Synchronization to synch with 2 different main databases. Database 1 working well. Database 2, all was working well, last remote user synched 2 weeks ago. Now when remote user tries to synch to database 2, they get "Synchronization timed out." error. Synch to database 1 still working. Synch log on server shows

[ Info | 12/19/2008 3:08:33 PM ]Message: Synchronization started.
[ Info | 12/19/2008 3:08:33 PM ]Message: Server object created.

[ Info | 12/19/2008 3:08:33 PM ]Message: Checking if schema changes are available for sync.

Only change on database 2 that I can think of, did some maintenance on database removing users no longer with company, transferring records to other users. One of these users had administrator role and had created remote databases. Could this be the reason remotes do not synch? How can I fix?  

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Network Synch Failure

The transfer of Record Manager is a big change. All the records affected and the sub entities such as History need  to be updated. Given that it is ACT! 9.0 and you don't mention if attachments sync which would further add to the load to sync I would be re-cutting the sync sets for the problem remotes and re-deploy them. You could spend a lot of time otherwise trying to sort it out by other means.

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog