Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Network Sync Service

Network Sync Service

Hi,

I need some help getting the network sync service to work. I have gone through the help a couple times but must have missed something.

My setup;

Act Premium for Web 2010 ver. 12.1.181.0 Hot Fix 1

Network Sync Service 12.1.181.0

Windows Server 2008

Windows 7 Professional

I have the main database on a remote server connected through a VPN. On my local computer I have a remote database and have setup the sync service as follows;

\\<server>\<main database> Port 65100

The sync service on the server has the same setup. I am able to do manual syncs (does this use the same port?) but the service does not seem to be working. I read somewhere that you need to use a different port for each local database. Is this correct? 

Now if I make a change on my local computer the main database is not updated until I do a manual sync and vise-versa. Do I need to add the local database to the network sync service on the server? ie \\<local Computer>\<remote database> Port 65100. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Network Sync Service

Hello nkeehn,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. The sync service will need to be on a port that is not being used by any other service. Also, with sync, the databases only be updated when a sync is initiated from the remote database. When you say the service does not appear to be working, what is it you are seeing?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.