Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Network Sync Service will not start

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Network Sync Service will not start

[ Edited ]

Hi, I post here because I have the same problem but not probably not the same causes as I'm running Act on windows XP Pro SP3 x86.

I've been trying several thing from yesterday and nothing works.

I read this : http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1358...

The very weird thing is that it worked of few minutes.

Here is what I did anyway, just to let you know my process on the server.

I had problems with my licences (and I still have them but it's another problem) so I decided to fully uninstall Act and Sql Server, clean the registry, and install everything back.

So I installed Act Premium 2010 and activated it.

Then I upgraded the SQL instance to SQL Express 2008 instead of 2005.

I installed the network synchronisation services.

I started Act to open my different databases (4 databases) to check if they were still OK (and they are).

I installed hotifx 7 for french version.

Then I started the network synchronisation service to add the databases to watch.

It was OK for the 2 first DBB with the message "the service must stop and restart in order to validate the modification" (or something like that)

Then when I added the third DBB, the service never started again. It was yesterday and it never started anymore.

As I told, I tried several things like uninstall/reinstall ACT+network sync service from the DVD; tried network sync service 2010 SP1, tried the methods on the previous link I gave, tried to change the port to listen... Nothing works and now I'm stuck because as I have 4 DBB to synchronise on remote stations, i can't let one DBB opened with the option "accept incoming synchronisations" checked because if I do that, the others DBB cannot be synchronised.

Configuration of the act server :

windows XP pro SP3 32 bits french

Intel Pentium 4 3.00GHz

1.00 Go of RAM

ACT by Sage Premium 2010 (french version) v12.0.409.0 hotfix 7

Act network sync services v12.0.409.0

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Arnaud.Digicad
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Network Sync Service will not start

Be sure and close the ACT! program to release the port.  If the Network Sync still will not start, attempt using a different port number (ex: 65200 or 65300).

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies

Hello Arnaud,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

You mention that it worked with 2 databases added, but then stopped working when the 3rd was added.  Try adding the databases individually and then starting the service.  This is to see if there is a specific database that is causing the service to fail to start. 

Greg Martin
Sage

Hi,

thanks for the answer. It was one of the first thing I did but the service doesn't want to start anymore (even with no database in the list).

Have you selected the 'Tools > Synchronize Database > Accept Incoming Syncs' on any of the databases?  If you have, it will have allocated the port selected (65100 is default) and prevent the Network Sync from starting if it is using the same port number.  When using the Network Sync Service, you do not need to have the 'Accept Incoming Sync' option enabled.

Greg Martin
Sage

I tried to uncheck the option for azll the databases but it dosn't work anyway.

Solution
Accepted by topic author Arnaud.Digicad
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Be sure and close the ACT! program to release the port.  If the Network Sync still will not start, attempt using a different port number (ex: 65200 or 65300).

Greg Martin
Sage

It seems to work now. I don't understand why because I tried many times to uncheck the "accept incoming synchronization" in the 4 DBB and close Act and then try to start again the service and it never worked.

I hope it will keep working.

Thanks again Smiley Happy