Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Network Sync Service Not Working

Accepted Solution Solved
Astute Commentator
Accepted Solution

Network Sync Service Not Working

Just upgraded to v20, and an odd issue... Network Sync service will not work. When it is enabled my remote Db cannot sync. Sync will work, when I disable/stop the Network Sync service and enable "Accept Incoming Syncs" within ACT. Of course, ACT has to be running on my server for the syncs to happen which is why I like using the service so it runs in the background whether ACT is loaded or not.

Any clues on this one?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sucia
2 weeks ago
Administrator

Re: Network Sync Service Not Working

As the network sync service installs as a separate program from Ac! - it may be that the service didn't update properly when you upgraded to v20.

I'd try uninstalling it from Programs and Features - then reinstalling it from your Act! v20 install media. (Usually this will still be present in C:/Act!_<Premium/Pro/Premium_Web>_v20sp0x<build number>)

If this doesn't work, make sure you're antivirus/firewall isn't preventing the service from operating.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sucia
2 weeks ago
Administrator

As the network sync service installs as a separate program from Ac! - it may be that the service didn't update properly when you upgraded to v20.

I'd try uninstalling it from Programs and Features - then reinstalling it from your Act! v20 install media. (Usually this will still be present in C:/Act!_<Premium/Pro/Premium_Web>_v20sp0x<build number>)

If this doesn't work, make sure you're antivirus/firewall isn't preventing the service from operating.
Astute Commentator

Thanks for the quick reply.

Your idea worked. While I had installed the new Network Sync for v20, I uninstalled Network Sync and then reinstalled it and everything worked. One interesting side effect - Scheduler then failed to load properly. So I uninstalled ACT, rebooted and reinstalled ACT and all was well.