Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Network Sync Service Digital Signature Not Valid flagging UAC Prompt

Network Sync Service Digital Signature Not Valid flagging UAC Prompt

[ Edited ]

- Version of Act! you are using (this can be found by clicking Help > About Act! on the Act! menu)

- If the issue involves Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word , Excel), state the version of Office you are using

- Is your database on your local machine (private database) or is it being shared from a server (shared database)?

- Operating system you have Act! installed on (i.e., Windows 7, Windows 8)

- As much detail regarding the question or issue as you can provide. This includes any error messages and the actions you took that lead to the error.

Version: Act! Premium Version 20.1.120.0, Update 4

Database: Shared Database

Operating System: Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1

Issue Description: I installed the Act Network Sync program and it runs at startup. Every time a user logs in to the server via RDP they get a prompt:

ActSyncChangeRequest.png

This is in a server environment where UAC is set up and set to Default. I do not want to change the UAC settings to prevent this popup. I have confirmed that in the compatibility properties for this program (Act.Framework.Synchronization.Service.UI.exe) "Run this program as an administrator" is unchecked for all users. 

I then went to the Digital Signature and at the top this shows "This digital signature is not valid." ActSyncSignature.png

I see that the dates of the signature are still valid but I'm wondering is the fact that this digital signature is not valid is causing my prompts for every user.

I have already reviewed the following posts and confirmed they will not address my scenario since none address the certificate issue:

ACT! Scheduler UI prompts UAC warning with ACT! 2013 SP (15.1)

UAC prompt for Act.scheduler.UI.exe and Act.Framework.Synchronization.service.UI.exe

Message: “Do you want to allow Act.Scheduler.UI.exe to make changes to this computer?” when launchin...

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

I want to keep UAC levels as is but not have a popup every time a user logs into this server. 

Administrator

Re: Network Sync Service Digital Signature Not Valid flagging UAC Prompt

UAC is designed to pop-up warnings when a program attempts to act in a 'privileged' way (accessing protected systems like the registry etc).

The Act! network sync service behaves in this way because it registers and listens on ports, as well as managing a windows service. This means that it will trigger UAC prompts.

That said, the digital certificate should be valid. You could try reinstalling the network sync service.