Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Network Sync Problem

Network Sync Problem

Hello friends, 

I´m using Act 10.0.3.182 with Network Sync Service 10.0.2.191

I´m trying to enable the option ACCEPT INCOMING SYNC on database and Act ask for listen port (65100) (OK) and then shows me this error:

FAILED DO SETUP LOCAL SYNC ENTITY. DATASTORE INACCESIBLE.

Why?

Tks 

Nickel Contributor

Re: Network Sync Problem

Couple of questions:

- Are you trying to start the Application sync (within the ACT! program), or are you trying to start the ACT Network Sync Service? I know you said you installed Network Sync, but your "Accept Incoming Sync" suggests you're also trying to start the Application Sync, as well.

- If you're attempting to start the Network Sync Sevrice, do you have ACT! open when you're trying to start this service?

I don't have alot of info to go on, but I suspect you have one service running while you're attempting to start the other on the same port.

Ken Quigley, BA, MCSE, ACC, APT
Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca

FAILED TO SETUP LOCAL SYNC ENTITY. DATASTORE INACCESIBLE.

I had this problem with Internet Sync. Changing the permissions in ACT folder of My Documents fixed. Right now its set to Everyone. Does anyone know what the correct permissions should be? Should I add the IISUser Account instead?

Bronze Contributor

Normally you also must update the synch service to match the version of ACT 10.03 and I would expect this error if you are running the 10.02 synch service. I believe the updated service is available form the downloads website.
Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.