Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Network Sync-ACt 2008

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Network Sync-ACt 2008

Ok i finally got Act network Sync running and we have a single user connected and sync'ing up with no problems. However, we have another user trying to do the same thing. It wont connect. All the settings are the same, both users have their own registered versions, the versions match up..ACT! by Sage Premium 2008 (10.0) (ST Edition) Version 10.0.2.191

However i keep getting this

======== SYNC SESSION - 10/14/2008 1:30:02 PM ========[ Info | 10/14/2008 1:30:02 PM ]Message: Sync remote client created.
[ Error | 10/14/2008 1:30:45 PM ]Message: ACT! is unable to connect to the sync server. Check to be sure "accept incoming sync" is enabled in the main database and that the Network sync service is running. Also be sure you are connected to your network.

Im on VPN. The VPN is running. The network sync is running. The Sync connection settings are right on both sides. Both of the users are listed as Active Admins on the host database. And both users are using Remote Databases created by the Host Database.

Now with all this said we only own two copies of this software..Are we going to need 3 copies for this to work? Or is this something new?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author it3fergie
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Network Sync-ACt 2008

Is it always the same machine that is unable to sync?  On that machine, try changing the computer name to the server's internal IP address under manage connection information in sync panel.

View solution in original post

All Replies

NVM found it...cant have two people listed as administrator i guess. I changed one to Manager and gave full rights and now it works...wierd but w/.

Thanks again

Ok now its not fixed. One user can sync now the other user cannot sync. ive tried changing user settings, Ive tried having 2 admins, 1 admin one manager, 1 admin one standard. Will not sync.

I have them both going through the same type of connection. they are going through a VPN and the Network Synch Service is running on the server. When one user logs on her computer she starts the VPN. Then ACT. Then she has it set to run syncs hourly. These go through with no issues. The other user does the exact same thing. except she is getting an error saying cannot synch and to make sure that the sync service is running on the server side. 

I am going to her house and completely reinstalling ACT on her computer and resetting up everything. This just isnt making any sense. Please let me know if any of you have a way around this.

Solution
Accepted by topic author it3fergie
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Is it always the same machine that is unable to sync?  On that machine, try changing the computer name to the server's internal IP address under manage connection information in sync panel.

yes it is always the same pc. and will try that out and see if that fixes it.

Looks like it is working...Thanks alot