Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Needs help with Holiday Alarms

Vad
Copper Contributor

Needs help with Holiday Alarms

Hi All,

I have 3 managers. Every manager is owner of contacts which was created by himself.

There are ~10 annual holidays which I would like to create in ACT! Some of these holidays are person specific, like Women's day or Defender's day.

The goal is to attach activity about holidays to contact and to alarm about holidays 2-3 days before that. And my managers doesn't want to schedule each holiday for each contact by hand.

I made somre research in ACT! for fidning solution.

The Event activity in Calendar has only information purpose. If you're entering it you'll see banner in calendar about this holiday in specific day. ACT! doesn't provide functionality to link Event activity with contact or set of contacts.

Also, I was thinking about creating special tab about Holidays. And then create separate field (data type) for each holiday and make smart task to compare the date of holiday in the field and today dare. But it means I should create the number of smart tasks which must be equal the number of holidays which I have. I'm affraid that ACT! will be speed down with such number of smart tasks.

Also, I was researching the way to create lookup of all contacts by owner and to schedule reccuring activity for each holiday. But I can't understand how can I find new contact's record without this recurring activity.

I tried to find addon for ACT! 2012-2013 for this task. But I didn't found it. I just found Calendar View Plus. This tool has import holidays only, but not it not creating activity with alarm before  the holiday automatically. Another tools are not supported ACT! 2012-2013 or developer sites are not available now.

Does anybody know best way to create alarm for holidays?

Regards,

Vad

Regards,
Vad
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Needs help with Holiday Alarms

You could just create a "Holiday" contact and schedule all activities there to remind the managers ... and put the Contacts they apply to in specific Groups for each Holiday
Vad
Copper Contributor

Re: Needs help with Holiday Alarms

Mike,

Thank you for the idea. But it's not clear for me with details.

1. I created special tab Holidays in contact layout

2. I created few fields (Yes/Noe type) for each holiday and placed it into Holiday tab.

3. Then I created the Holiday group and created few subgroups also (each subgroup is meaning the one holiday).

4. I created the dynamical condition for each subgroups (If Happy_New-Year field is True, place contact into New_year subgroup).

What's next? How can I arrange celebration activity (with alarm) for each contact in subgroup as database Administrator? I would like to arrange such activity for the manager is owner of this contact.

Why do you need Holiday contact? To alarm managers about celebration activity only?

Regards,
Vad