Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Need to reinstall the Outlook add-in

Need to reinstall the Outlook add-in

Hello,

One of my employees can't get her outlook auto email tracker to work, and after playing with it for awhile, we discovered that the add-in is not actually present on her Outlook.  Its not available to select as an add-in in the trusted settings page. 

Is there a way to reinstall the add-in without reinstalling all of ACT?  Maybe a direct download?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Need to reinstall the Outlook add-in

Hello MattZ,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Unfortunately, there is not a separate install for the add-in. Uninstalling and reinstalling ACT! is the most reliable way to reinstall the add-in and connect to Outlook.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Elite Contributor

Hi Matt

There can be a few reasons for why the Add-In icons disappear.  You could take a look at this article which runs through some possible solutions.  However, if none of those resolve your issue then generally, a repair of office, then reinstalling ACT should fix it.

ACT Icons missing from Outlook

Cherie Buttsworth
ACT! Certified Consultant
Simply PC
cherie@simplypc.com.au

I hope that others have experienced the same problem that I did: The ACT! Outlook Add-In disappeared from the Outlook 2013  file-option-addons menu completely without warning.

After struggling with this problem for over a month, I decided to initiate a repair of Microsoft Office (as opposed to reinstalling ACT). The office repair did require re-activating the Office application (with the product key), but this simple step also repaired the link between Outlook 2013 and ACT v17.