Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Need to Update Record Manager Field on Opportunities Table

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Need to Update Record Manager Field on Opportunities Table

I have done some research on other threads in this forum with similar issues to mine and I have not found any solutions.  The issue is:  we have open opportunities in our Opportunities table.  The original record manager has left the company and we need to assign these opportunities to a new record manager (the replacement).

How does one do this?

We are running ACT Premium for Workgroups (Windows) 2005.

Thanks,

John

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jcriswel
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Need to Update Record Manager Field on Opportunities Table

There are 2 ways to do this:

- Do an Opportunity lookup by Record Manager for the departed employees opportunities and change each record individually

- Delete the user record (from Tools/Manager Users) and when prompted reassign the records, reassign them to desired user

Please note that the second method will reassign ALL of the records of the user you are deleting, not just Opportunities.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author jcriswel
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

There are 2 ways to do this:

- Do an Opportunity lookup by Record Manager for the departed employees opportunities and change each record individually

- Delete the user record (from Tools/Manager Users) and when prompted reassign the records, reassign them to desired user

Please note that the second method will reassign ALL of the records of the user you are deleting, not just Opportunities.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Are there any add-ons that will change Oppt Record Manager without deleting the original user?

I'm wondering about an answer for ACT2008 Prem.

Thanks!

Ben Leong
Certified ACT! Consultant
www.accentgold.com