04-28-2008 10:40 AM
I am trying to export contacts within a group to excel (csv file) and it is exporting ALL of my contacts. Can anyone help me. Oh ya, I am using an ancient version, hoping to get the company to upgrade soon.
04-28-2008 11:12 AM
Do the lookup before the export and choose Current Lookup in the export wizard.
Platinum Level ACT! Certified Consultant since 2000
Digital Industry, Inc.
04-28-2008 12:43 PM
I don't want to sound like an idiot, but clearly I am.
This is the process I am going through:
1. I am in the group that I want to export from
2. I selection export from the file menu
3. I am saving it as text deliminted csv file.
4. I select contact records only (comma and export field names)
5. Hit next and click on Current Look up
6. Hit next and select my fields. (here is also an issue as I don't always see the email address show up)
7. click Finish.
8. The list contains ALL of the contacts in my dbase.
The frustrating part is it worked once for me this morning and I believe I am following the extact same steps and I am only getting the entire database.