Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Need help deleting data from history for multiple contacts.....

Need help deleting data from history for multiple contacts.....

Recently my company decided they wanted specific information removed from our database.  I deleted the data and the fields.  Never thought the information would still be available in history.  I assumed that if I deleted the actual fields the information would have deleted as well.  Not the case.

There is no way I could scan and delete every contact one at a time.  That would take months.  You can add anything and everything to a group but to delete it is another story. 

If anyone could help I would very much appreciate it. 

Smiley Frustrated

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Need help deleting data from history for multiple contacts.....

Hello Nash,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Can you verify which you are attempting to delete - Contacts or History items?

One thing that may help you: if you have a specific value to look for in History items, use the Lookup > Advanced > Search on Keywords option.  Change the 'Type' to Contacts, and narrow the search to Histories.  Once results are presented, use the 'Create Lookup' option.  Now you have identified the contacts with the data in History.  You can create a Group with this list, or go into Contact Detail view and arrow through the contacts removing the appropriate history items (or delete the contact).

Greg Martin
Sage

Hi Greg, 

I am attempting to delete payment data from within the history.  Each customer has  unique data, not one ever being the same.  So I am unable to search for specific data to delete.  The field names that were created where the data was entered has been deleted.  

There are 6500 contacts, and there is no way I can select one at a time and view their history digging out what info I need to delete.  

Deleting the contacts in not an option.  They are current,

Thanks, 

Nash

Platinum Super Contributor

Unfortunately this is going to be a manual effort. You can use the Advanced Lookup to narrow down the list of contacts to have to search through, but it will still be a manual process to select the history items and delete them.

Perhaps an ACC (consultant) is aware of an add-on tool to make this an automated process...
Greg Martin
Sage