Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Need Hotfix 3 for 2010 Premium - US-EN

Copper Contributor

Need Hotfix 3 for 2010 Premium - US-EN

Before everyone jumps on me and tells me that I should upgrade ... the management is considering it but I have to wait to see when that will happen.  In the meantime, I need to work with what I have.

We have a sales office here and our salespeople are out on the road a lot.  We all have 2010 Premium Version 12.0.409.0, Hotfix 3.

For some reason, our install version of the software is Hotfix 1.  So when our newest sales guy's computer had ACT! installed on it, his remote database won't sync to the hotfix 3 version (of course).

I can't find a safe, reliable version of HF3 on the net.  I see 4, but if I install 4 here in the office, the guys on the road won't be compliant -- and that will cause a different set of problems.

Can someone officially with Sage point me to a download of HF3? For right now, that's the easiest way to deal with this.  Thanks.

Re: Need Hotfix 3 for 2010 Premium - US-EN

Dear Jaldrichb,

I have been on this mission over the weekend. I am surprized this update is not available anywhere else. I've found in the orignal PDF a direct link to the file. I'm applying it now to my new client machine to ensure that this is infact hotfix 3. I'll let you know shortly.

And that was not the file that was needed. I'm going to search the clients servers and machines for this file.

I have found the orginal file and could send it to you or help you with the installtion if needed (inbox me). Here is the information I have found thus far.

1. File name is ACT1200HotFix_SS.exe (20MB or 20,552KB)

2. File was located on server in admin user profile -  "Documents and Settings\Admin\Application Data"

3. I was not able to double click and install the application.

4. I in fact had to extract the contents of the file and manually paste it into the Act program file.

I now must say that I have sucessfully install hotfix 3 after much searching/splunkering. I now see why this patch may no longer be available for public download, as it's not longer function in new versions of Windows. I'm currently running Win7 64 with UAC disabled.

Thanks,

matt

NOTE: Here is the contents of the file ACT1200HotFix_SS.exe once extracted.

hotfix3.png

Platinum Elite Contributor

As a quick point ... HF4 only fixes Address book printing - so shouldn't cause an issue
Copper Contributor

I apologize for being so behind on this, but ACT! got lost in the shuffle.

I went ahead and installed HF 4 for ACT! Premium 2010.

It went fine on the desktops, but the server version is behaving oddly.  I run the Hotfix and it says it installs, but when you open the server version, it shows as HF 1, as if the fix wasn't run.  I've run it, our server admin has run it and it doesn't change.  

The problem I was trying to solve is not resolved either.  I tried creating a new remote database and still got the old schema.  Opening it on a machine which was upgraded changed nothing.  I can't find anything on the KB except upgrading and since I can't upgrade, I'm stuck.

Does anyone have any more suggestions?