Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Need Help Sync Remote to Main Database

Need Help Sync Remote to Main Database

From my main database I created a remote database saved as REMOTE.RDB. I emailed the file to the remote computer. On the remote computer, I opened up ACT "HCA" database and chose File>Retore>Database. Then I selected Unpack & Restore Remote Database, located the remote.rdb file, selected the Share This Database with Other Users option & clicked OK. Then I chose Tools>Synchronize then clicked Synchronize Now option.

When I open up the REMOTE database, it has not changed nor has the HCAdatabase. What did I do wrong?? Shouldn't the REMOTE database have the contacts from my HCA database and my HCA database have the contacts from the REMOTE database?

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Re: Need Help Sync Remote to Main Database

Does the sync complete successfully?  What version of ACT!?

I have Premium 2008. No it did not sync. I received the following message:

"ACT! is unable to connect to the sync server. Check to be sure "acept incoming sync" is enabled in the main database and tha the Network sync is running...."

It is not clear to me which database I am to open up and select the Syncronize Now option. I opened up the Remote database and selected the Syncronize Now option. That option is not available on the HCA database.

So, I am dealing with three databases, 1. MAIN.PAD, 2.REMOTE.RDB which is now a .PAD & 3. HCA.PAD on the remote computer.

I installed IIS on the MAIN computer at the office, but not sure exactly how to set it up so that the computers can network or if I even need this. I'm not sure if I need a static ip address. Need help in the area.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Sea Tiger I had the same problem.  Look at my thread:

http://community.act.com/sage/board/message?board.id=Prem&thread.id=7223

There is a lot you have to do with your IP and port fowarding.  Do you have a static IP?

Read over that thread it should help!