Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Need Act Serial Number For Reinstall

Astute Commentator

Need Act Serial Number For Reinstall

I have 2 ACT subscription licenses. My laptop died and I've replace it and have reinstalled Act V21. I need to activate it with the serial number. I can't get it off the laptop that died. And when I login in the ACT account management web page, all I get is a page asking me to buy CRM Cloud. I can't access my license information from that site.

Suggestions?

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Re: Need Act Serial Number For Reinstall

Use this link to make a request - https://www.act.com/en-uk/contact-us

Give as much information as possible so hey can find your account details

Astute Commentator

I did that earlier an have been waiting to hear back. I was looking for an online way like I've done in the past. Thanks.

Copper Elite Contributor

as you stated, that you have 2 licences, i assume that you have a second pc running act, 

there you want to open act, click on help, info about act, and you can see the used serial

regards

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 208 56192-34
Astute Commentator

Yes, I have 2 licenses and 2 pcs running ACT. But one of them has a failed hard drive so I cannot get the license off of that system. I am reinstalling ACT onto a new laptop.

Copper Elite Contributor

normaly act is issuing one single Licence, that then works for the ammount of users you orderd, so the number should be the one that you can see on the working pc. 

regards

Ingo

ACC since 1995

CrmAddon Factory
+1 208 56192-34
Astute Commentator

Correct, but ACT thinks I have 2 users active. I have no way to inactivate one instance on the failed laptop. There use to be a way on the account screen to do that. But when I log on to my account page at https://buy.act.com//en-US all I get is a page asking me to buy CRM Cloud. There is no link on that page to pull up my account to disable the unused license.

Copper Elite Contributor

I would sugest that you contact an US ACC, they will be able to help you to unlock the Serial.

regards

Ingo

ACC since 1995

CrmAddon Factory
+1 208 56192-34
Astute Commentator

I plan to call them. But I needed it over the weekend and was hoping there was someone who knew where I needed to go online to disable one license. Getting through their systems in order to get an agent is a big hassle and time waster while I try to get work done. And then I often get a person who I cannot understand on the phone.

Thank you.

Copper Elite Contributor

With the new licencing you can disable the licence on your own. this works with the latest actversions 18-22. so if you replace the computer, you can disable the key on your own on the old computer (before removing the computer from the internet) , and use the key on a other pc.

if your pc is crashing, then unfortunaly you need to contact your ACC, or Siftpage directly. 

regards 

Ingo

ACC since 1995

CrmAddon Factory
+1 208 56192-34