Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Navbar button changes

Copper Contributor

Navbar button changes

Is there a fix for the Navbar button changes returning to default when Act! v18 Premium is restarted.
Administrator

Re: Navbar button changes

[ Edited ]

Hi Ricky,

I can't replicate this issue on my installation.

Could you try rebuilding your preferences file and testing again?
The steps in this Knowledgebase article explain how to do it: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14770

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]
I rebuilt Preferences as per the instructions, but the problem still exists after I restart Act!
Administrator

In that case I'd recommend giving us a call so we can investigate why this is happening in more detail.
rg

I think Act v18 on Win 7 it works. But not on win 8 or 10.
Administrator

I've tested using V18 HF5 on W7 and W10 without successfully replicating the issue.
Copper Contributor

Did you close Act! then reopen it?
Administrator

Yes. I tried a few times from different screens, with different sets of icons hidden.
We'd be very interested to find out what's causing this. The reason I suggest calling in, is so that one of our technicians can see this happening first hand.
Copper Contributor

I called tech support and the technician took over my computer and he saw the problem for himself. He said several people had reported the problem and they are working to fix it to be included in HotFix 6. He and his colleagues seemed to think Windows 10 is the culprit. He didn't know when the HotFix would be published.
Copper Contributor

I am running Windows 10. Act! 18.0 Update 6 is out and I installed it, but the problem still exists. Why can't this problem be solved? I am becoming increasingly disappointed with Act!'s tech support group! FIX IT!!!