Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Nasty Opportunity error destroys ability to create any new opportunities. ACT V18.2 (Maybe other versions.)

Bronze Elite Contributor

Nasty Opportunity error destroys ability to create any new opportunities. ACT V18.2 (Maybe other versions.)

DO NOT TRY TO REPLICATE ON A WORKING ACTIVE DATABASE

In define fields go to opportunities and enable create history in the 3 currency fields.

Now try to create a new opportunity - It will fail.

Now go back and un-tick the 3 create history options.

Now try to create a new opportunity - it will fail.

The opportunity area of the database is now disabled from creating opportunities and none of the repair options correct it.

I came across the error while testing for another user in the forum for a different problem and although this sequence is not a common one, as it  destroys the ability of the database to create new opportunities I would class it as critical as it is non recoverable.

At a minimum can it be fixed in V19 even if it is only disabling the ability to create history for these 3 fields. 

Administrator

Re: Nasty Opportunity error destroys ability to create any new opportunities. ACT V18.2 (Maybe other versions.)

Thanks for reporting this issue ch1p. I have tested and reproduced the issue.

I have submitted both this issue, and the issue that enabling history generation for these locked currency fields does not in fact generate a history when they are updated.

I will update this thread when I have more information.
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Nasty Opportunity error destroys ability to create any new opportunities. ACT V18.2 (Maybe other versions.)

Thanks Gary

Administrator

Hi ch1p,

These issues have been now been logged:

Opportunity currency fields do not generate history - Defect D-05190
Permanently unable to save new opportunities after enabling history generation on locked currency fields - Defect D-05191