Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

NOTES ISSUE V. 22 Update 3

NOTES ISSUE V. 22 Update 3

It's now been a few months since I upgraded to Version 22 and three updates later the Notes issue with fonts & spacing STILL hasn't been corrected. I'm an inside sales rep who cold-calls folks all day so the ability to enter notes for each contact after a call is an absolute must. I also pay $30 a month for ACT! so this is completely unacceptable. I'm certainly not a programmer, but I am certain that it shouldn't take a team of developers and programmers MONTHS to solve an issue that, according to my IT peeps, shouldn't be that difficult to correct. I patiently waited for Update 3 even as my notes fields continued to balloon, but as other users have also mentioned this latest update accomplished almost nothing as the notes/font issue is still completely screwed up. I know I'm only 1 customer but consider yourself warned, Swiftpage: if update 4 doesn't resolve this issue I'll be looking for another CRM immediately.

Re: NOTES ISSUE V. 22 Update 3

I too am completely frustrated with ACT and version 22. SwiftPage installed Version 22 update 1 to solve an AMA problem I had, fixed the AMA problem and created 20 new problems. With each update ACT gets worse. I went form font size 16 with ACT notes, to reading only the top of notes and huge blank area to now I can't read the note at all. This problem with notes has now been around for over a month and completely unacceptable for what I pay to have ACT. Techs only keep saying they are working on it. After using ACT since the 1990s it is getting worse every year. Time to alert the world not to ever buy ACT!

Highlighted

Re: NOTES ISSUE V. 22 Update 3

I've been using ACT since way back to version 2. I am having the same bad experience.

I am a single user, using it for personal use - no business attachment, just a good tool for all my contacts. Now they want a monthly subscription fee

, but I'm paying almost $200 per year for a subscription

It's been four weeks since ACT upgraded my program to the latest version. First, I needed to have it upgraded on my two desktop machines,it won't work on my second machine and as a result I can't work two machines.

I liked the program on my second machine especially if I was busy doing artwork on the other machine.

The last three or four version updates have been a cluster.... so this time I waited for the bugs to work themselves out.  No such luck.

I sit here with a "notes" and "history" section that is forcing me to do double time, back and forth to be certain my entries are there.  If I go down my list in say "notes", I'd been able to see date,time,result… now it's date, time and blank. After a few entries the only way I can look down and see my previous entries is to click on each one and look right.

What is an alternative contact management program with the same features as ACT! ???  Since I've been using Act since the early 1990's I have a lot of data and can't afford to loose any of it.