Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

MyFax plugin not loading correctly

Copper Elite Contributor

MyFax plugin not loading correctly

Trying to load MyFx ACT Plugin to a Vista computer with ACT 11.0

Keep getting a message towards the end of the install, ....

"Windows cannot find "jsredist.msi". Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

Anyone have a clue? This program works on my XP Pro Laptop. Thanks. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: MyFax plugin not loading correctly

That's a Microsoft J# redistribution package... You would need to contact the manufacturers of MyFax to see if they support Vista.

Copper Elite Contributor

Thanks again Mike,.....where do I send the check?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Copper Elite Contributor

Mike,

Your advice was correct. See info and link below: Works like a charm now !!!

The Microsoft® Visual J#™ .NET version 1.1 Redistributable Package includes everything you need to run your Visual J# .NET applications on a computer that already has the Microsoft .NET Framework version 1.1 installed. The Visual J# .NET Redistributable Package is not intended to run applications written with other Java-language development tools. Applications and services built with Visual J# .NET will run only on the .NET Framework and will not run on any Java Virtual Machine. The Visual J# .NET Redistributable Package has been independently developed by Microsoft and is not endorsed or approved by Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Hi Brian, I have the exact same problem. The peoplw at myfax do not have any solution other than to say that somethin is wrong with the system installation and they suggest contacting microsoft. 

Could you direct me to where you were able to get a download of the file>>>The Microsoft® Visual J#™ .NET version 1.1 Redistributable Package

Copper Elite Contributor

I did figure out the solution to this problem. It was not the Microsoft® Visual J#™ .NET version 1.1 Redistributable Package, it was something on Vista that needed to be unchecked.

My guess is that you do have Vista. I have gone back to XP since and cant remeber the name of the item that needs to be unchecked. I believe that it has three initials (U??). It's in your security setting for Windows Vista, and once you uncheck it,..the program will load correclty. You do have to uninstall it, then reinstall it. Good Luck

I called tech supoport at myfax. They knew of the issue. I had to install this program first from Microsoft. It had to be this version 1.1. The later versions did not work.: The link is below.

Microsoft Visual J# .NET Version 1.1 Redistributable Package

Brief Description
The Microsoft® Visual J#™ .NET version 1.1 Redistributable Package includes everything you need to run your Visual J# .NET applications on a computer that already has the Microsoft .NET Framework version 1.1 installed.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=E3CF70A9-84CA-4FEA-9E7D-7D674D2C7CA1&displa...

Astute Commentator

Does anybody have the MyFax plug-in to send to me or post here?  I had a client reformat his drive and now MyFax pulled the plug-in from their website and will not send it to me since they say they are having too many issues with it.  Their website link to the plug-in has been purposely deleted but they still have links to it... real professional...

Copper Super Contributor

kierstoy wrote:

Does anybody have the MyFax plug-in to send to me or post here?  I had a client reformat his drive and now MyFax pulled the plug-in from their website and will not send it to me since they say they are having too many issues with it.  Their website link to the plug-in has been purposely deleted but they still have links to it... real professional...

kierstoy:

I have a copy of the myfax plug in MSI file.  

Would be happy to send you the file.  

Can you send me a message with your email? 

Luis Rodrigues