03-04-2010 08:04 AM
This seems to be a bug in ACT! (ACT! by Sage Premium 2010 Version 12.0.409.0, Hotfix 3).
I have found that you must change the country code twice when you want to correct an improperly entered phone number. Here is what happens:
1. An entry is first entered as being from the USA. The phone number is entered so that it looks like this: 1 (349)155-51212 (for instance, a phone number in Madrid Spain).
2. Someone notices the error and changed the Country field to Spain but does not edit the phone format.
3. I notice the phone format and press the ... button and select Spain (34) from the drop down country box and select the default format we have set (%%) %%%-%%%%.
4. I then edit the phone number by deleting the 134 from the phone number field so that the number is displayed like this in the phone format dialog:  (91) 555-1212 (which is correct).
5. I press OK
6. The phone number displayed in ACT! at this point is WRONG. it is displayed as: (915) 551-212.
7, I have to go back into the Phone Format Dialog for a second time and reselect Spain  and press OK again to have it displayed properly in ACT!
This is repeatable.