Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Must Change Country Twice to Update Phone Format

Master Commentator

Must Change Country Twice to Update Phone Format

This seems to be a bug in ACT! (ACT! by Sage Premium 2010 Version 12.0.409.0, Hotfix 3).

I have found that you must change the country code twice when you want to correct an improperly entered phone number. Here is what happens:

1. An entry is first entered as being from the USA.  The phone number is entered so that it looks like this:  1 (349)155-51212 (for instance, a phone number in Madrid Spain).

2. Someone notices the error and changed the Country field to Spain but does not edit the phone format.

3. I notice the phone format and press the ... button and select Spain (34) from the drop down country box and select the default format we have set (%%) %%%-%%%%.

4. I then edit the phone number by deleting the 134 from the phone number field so that the number is displayed like this in the phone format dialog: [34] (91) 555-1212 (which is correct).

5. I press OK

6. The phone number displayed in ACT! at this point is WRONG. it is displayed as: (915) 551-212. Smiley Mad

7, I have to go back into the Phone Format Dialog for a second time and reselect Spain [34] and press OK again to have it displayed properly in ACT!

This is repeatable.