Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Multiple Lines in Activity Table

Multiple Lines in Activity Table

We are working on implementing Sage Premium 2010 Version 12.   Our company needs some customized reporting, so  I am using Crytsal Reports to create these reports.  When creating a report from the Activity table, I noticed that the Activity table has a record line for every contact linked to the Activity (i.e.. If an Activity was a meeting with 4 Contacts, the Activity table will have 4 lines for the same Activity).  When I create a report to show all Activities for a Company, the report returns multiple lines for the same Activity.  Is this the standard way of writing to the Activity table or is there a setting to control this? 

Tony

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Multiple Lines in Activity Table

It depends. Is one activity linked to four records (clear one they all clear) or is separate activities specified.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

If I understand you correctly, it is 1 Activity with 4 Contacts listed in the Associate With section of the Activity.  In my example, I am creating  a report to see all the Activities for a Company, and because the Activity table has 4 lines, the report would return 4 Activity lines (when it should be 1 Activity line with 4 Contacts "Associated" to it).

Tony

When you create the activity there is an option (upper right corner of the dialog) to create a seperate activity for each contact. If selected there definitely be as many activities as contacts associated with the activity.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Nickel Contributor

In your SQL query after your SELECT statement use TOP 1
Travis Rosevear ACC for
Act Today Australia and New Zealand

After doing some additional research and testing, I discover the cause of the multiple lines in the Activity table.  If an Activity is created with only Non Users, the Activity table will create a single line as expected.  However, if one of our ACT! Users is added to the Call, the Activity table will create 2 lines for the same Activity (and add additional lines for each User added). 

If a Call is created with 4 Contacts from ABC company, the Activity table will only create 1 line, but if 2 ACT! Users are added to the Call the Activity table creates 3 lines (which overstates the number of Activities per Company).  Logically speaking, the Contact_Activity table holds the Contacts for an Activity and should record the 6 Contact for the ActivityID while the Activity table should only have 1 line because there is only a single Activity.  Is there a setting/preference that will make the Activity table only record 1 line per Activity, or did we do something wrong in setting up our Users?

Tony

The reason for that is when you create an activity and include other users, it also puts an activity in the table so it shows in their schedule as well

Can't recall off the top of my head, but there should be a way to show that a set of lines belong to together... then you'd need to tweak the select statement to display them as you want