Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Multiple DB problem

Avid Listener

Multiple DB problem

Hi, 

We had multiple DB, most of users almost use two of them, all had specific custom fields and custom toolbars. 

We had problem with: 

The contact list lost the column definitions because ACT maintains the definition of only one DB, last defined in the user desktop profile. Isn't any way to: Define contact list columns layouts?, Asociates, of course to an specific db, like as the contact detail layout.

The toolbar defined in one aplication is the same to all aplications, When users need custom commands or links in one db they see this tb in all db.

Any suggestions? 

Thanks and regards 

Julio campomanes

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Multiple DB problem

There are Add-Ons to do this. Have a look at http://www.tnhg.com/ to see descriptions and download a trial.
Regards
Neil Gilford
ACT! Certified Consultant
Gilford Computer Solutions
neil@gilford.com.au
Avid Listener

Thanks Neil,

But if to any error of ACT! we need to buy a third party solution,  the question is What kind of testing did Sage to ACT!, I'm sure to can found at least 10 errors of ACT! in the current version Version 11.1.183.0. If I did this could be considered to be a Beta Tester?

The problem with a user accessing to more than one DB is that the columns he select in the Contact List to one DB alters the definition he made in the another DB and so on, to me this is a BIG ERROR, why Act! guys thinks a user could work with only one DB? 

Regards

Julio Campomanes 

Copper Elite Contributor

Hi Julio,

as you say,the Contact List view remembers the last fields (columns)selected, and if you change databases and require a different list of fields then you have to reselect the new list.

It is likely that the software designers build into an application, the most requested features. Other features are catered for by the add-on developers. As the add-ons grow in popularity, they usually, but not always, end up being incorporated into a future release of the product.

You can let the developers know about your request at http://www.act.com/community/feature/.

Regards
Neil Gilford
ACT! Certified Consultant
Gilford Computer Solutions
neil@gilford.com.au
Avid Listener

Hi Neil, 

Thanks for your answer, I Agree with you that this is a developers design, but I insist if ACT! was developed to manage multiple db, developers MUST consider all aspects to ACT! works in this environment. I will post a comment to developers in the link you give to me,

Thanks again, 

--
Julio Campomanes
Systems Engineer
Act! Technical Consultant
e-Mail: julio.act.support@gmail.com