Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Multi-Select With Checkboxes

Copper Contributor

Multi-Select With Checkboxes

I'm noticing an issue in v18 Web Premium where in a field where you have a drop down list of multiple Yes/No items where there are checkboxes, it doesn't always have the checkmark even though you have selected it.  The description or word that describes that checkmark/box is in the field itself, so it is set to YES but the box is missing the checkmark.

Using IE11, Windows 10.

Thanks

Administrator

Re: Multi-Select With Checkboxes

Thanks for bringing this to our attention Jag.

I was able to reproduce this error in v18 u6 using IE11 but not Chrome.
I have submitted the issue to the Product Management team for review.
Nickel Super Contributor

Question... did You try with Google Chrome?

Juan Carlos Otero
juancarlostero@icloud.com
Administrator

Logged as Defect D-04280

We couldn't replicate this issue in Chrome.

Including the defect report:

APFW Multi-Select Dropdown Issue

Steps to recreate:
1. Browse to any contact Detail view
2. Change ID/Status field to select only 'contractor'
3. Save
4. Refresh page
5. Change ID/Status to add Gate Keeper to the existing selection so both are selected
6. Save
7. Refresh page
8. Click ID/Status dropdown

Observed behaviour:
The 'contractor' checkbox appears checked The 'gate keeper' checkbox appears unchecked

Expected behaviour:
Both checkboxes appear checked

ACT! (Full build): Act! Premium (Web) Version 18.0.501.0, Update 6
Operating System: All supported operating systems

Any additional information / Workaround:
Selecting another item in the dropdown after experiencing the missing checkmark, will replace the value of the missing item in the field heading. I.e. Field shows "Contractor;Gate Keeper", where the Gate Keeper checkmark is missing, selecting "Friend" results in the field showing "Contractor;Friend" and Gate Keeper disappearing.

Interestingly, we could only replicate this issue with the Gate Keeper option in ID/Status.

Copper Contributor

What is the "gate keeper" option in ID/Status?
Bronze Super Contributor

It's a commonly used name for a PA/receptionist who makes it very difficult (sometimes impossible) to get through to their boss who you need to speak to.

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Copper Contributor

Hi Gary... I noticed that defect D-04280 was not fixed in v18.1. Can we expect a quick turnaround on this defect as it seems like it would be a simple fix and our team uses multi-select dropdown fields all the time. It's become quite a nuisance.
Administrator

Hi Jag,

Many of the outstanding issues were solved in v18.1. We focused on getting the higher priority issues cleared off the board to begin with, however there is still a backlog that we are continuing to work though and will address in future updates and software releases. This issue is still logged and under investigation.
Copper Contributor

Multiple Multi-Select Fields - APFW

I see the issue still exists even with all the latest updates/fixes.  What happens is that if you have several multi-select fields in a contact layout, sometimes, selecting one option in a multi-select field will blank out the entry in another multi-select field.  Ironically, it doesn't happen consistently but happens frequently  enough.  I've been trying to pinpoint what the culprit might be but have been unsuccessful.

Do we have an update on this bug as it was previously mentioned and identified.

Thanks

Administrator

Re: Multiple Multi-Select Fields - APFW

Hi Jag,

I've asked for defect D-04280 to be updated with this additional information.
When another field is blanked after updating a field, does that data remain in the field after saving/refreshing?

There has been further notes added to the defect which indicate that issue is being actively worked on, but at this time, I don't believe we have found a solution.

It is currently logged with a low priority due to the infrequent nature of the issue.