Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Moving the data to a server drive

Moving the data to a server drive

Hi,

I have 2011 premium and I installed the sofware on a local laptop and created a new database and imported my data from my old CRM. everyrhing so far is great.

Now I want to move this data to my server drive so that I can prepare to have other users use this data.

I am using COPY to feature and it is telling me that the data can only be copied to a local drive.

How do I put the database on my server drive ?

Can I use a jump drive and copy it and then mount the jump drive on the server and copy it onto the drive ?

Robert

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Moving the data to a server drive

The most important thing is you need tohave the ACT! program installed on the server. The you can disconnect the database files from the SQL server on the workstation (use ACTDIAG) and move the files to the server and reconnect them to the SQL server on the server machine using the ACT! program.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Roy,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I ran actdiag and detached the database and then I copied the whole directory and pasted it on the server.

I then ran act on my server (2008 server) and now I am getting this error

The database ACTBSD could not be accessed. In order to access this database check your network connections and verify that your server is available. It may be necessary to disable any firewall software on your computer or the server.

I did disable the firewall but that did not help.

thanks in advance for the help.

Robert

Roy,

I figured it out by editing the pad file to point the new current location.

Robert