10-14-2008 03:55 PM
We're currently running about 6 users off a decent server with Premium. We have a mac user and are considering the web option.
1. Does the web version still support a master database with "fat" clients?
2. Is there a link somewhere explain what the web version does and doesn't do? I'm assuming it's an ASP front end to the database?
3. What's involved in moving from Premium to the Web version? Is there an in-place upgrade option?
Are we past the first "service pack" for the 2009 version?
10-14-2008 05:55 PM
2. http://www.act.com/docs/2009/act_2009_features_chart_prospects.pdf - the ones with a superscript 5 are not on web
3. Probably uninstall/reinstall
Go with ACT! Prem 2009 for Web - it specifically supports the Safari browser for MAC users.