Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Moving from Demo Version on my PC to Server

Tuned Listener

Moving from Demo Version on my PC to Server

Hello All, Wishing You A Happy New Working Week! (It's Monday I won't be so enthusiastic by tomorrow morning!)

I have been designing my act! database on the demo version with all the contact layouts fields etc that will be required in the final version. It is essentially ready to go and could be used - but we had to wait for the license money to be paid and so on by the accounts department and we have now got the license and a database has been set up on the server by the tech department. What should I do about moving the files, layouts, fields - everything from my office PC to the server database in which I have access and am an administrator.

Thanks

Stuart

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Moving from Demo Version on my PC to Server

Hello Stuart,
What version of ACT! are you using?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Tuned Listener

Sage Act Premium

What version (year) of Premium?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Instructions on how to move a database from one machine to another are here (depending on your version):

ACT! 2013: http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=3030...

ACT! 2012 and prior (can also be used for 2013): http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1981...

Greig Hollister

Tuned Listener

Thanks for the help - and it is 2012.