Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Moving a calendar file

Moving a calendar file

My personal experience with ACT! is zero but I have a few tech skills.  They created a new database and moved everyone over to it.  However, a user would like to move his old calendar file to the new database.  Is this possible, and if so, how do I do it?

Thanks,

Marianne

Silver Contributor

Re: Moving a calendar file

Much better to move the entire database rather than making a new one.  From the old machine, backup the database using file, backup.  Move the resulting zip file to the new machine and do a file, restore, Restore As

The scenario to import activities is much messier.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

We didn't want the old database.  It was never setup correctly.  Apparently a 'fresh start' was preferred.  Besides, it's too late.  It's done already.  The only last remaining item is to move one calendar file.  So, is it as easy as an export & import?  At the moment he's doing it manually.

Platinum Elite Contributor

You need to import the old database with the contacts ... otherwise, the activities have nothing to link to

There are some issues with importing activities, so make sure you backup the database before doing the import

Okay, so no easy fix for this one.  I'll just let him continue to re-enter his reminders manually.