Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Moving E-mails

Moving E-mails

I moved my Act 2007 database to a new computer.  However, under the knowledgebase article - it says you need to move e-mails separately.  The instructions say to go to FIL, then clicl on MOVE E-MAILS.  However, I can't find this button.

Does anyone know how else I can move e-mails on ACT 2007?  Where is the e-mail folder?  Its not under ACT!

Thanks

Re: Moving E-mails

The option is available in ACT! E-mail and only applies if you're using Internet Email, Outlook Express or Eudora.

I don't understand this reply David.

I am trying to follow instructions given by Sage here http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1921...

I do not undertsand how to launch Act- Emial - using the navigation bar on the left.  When I click on e-mail Icon, an e-mail box comes up - not the navigation tool.

How do I launch the Act E-mail transfer wizard?

Nickel Super Contributor

You are receiving the 'Compose Email' window because you are set up with direct Outlook integration.

The 'Transfer Email Wizard' is only available if you were previously using Outlook Express or Internet Mail. If you were using Internet Mail, you will need to re-set it up within the ACT Preferences. To do this, you'll need your incoming (pop3) and outgoing (smtp) email servers.

To change this within the ACT! Preferences:

Go to Tools / Preferences / Email Tab

Click on Email System Setup

Once the Setup Wizard displays, select Internet Mail and enter the information it asks for. 

If in your previous version of ACT, you were using Microsoft Outlook, select Outlook and on the next screen of the wizard, select Use ACT E-mail Client. 

Once you complete the wizard, you should now see the ACT Email window when selecting the Email Icon instead of a new message window.