Do you mean 

Move database?

Accepted Solution Solved
cal
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

Move database?

Hi All,

I need to move all databases to different directory in the same machine without backing up and restoring. Because first I cannot backup that I have been troubleshotting for a week, second C:\ drives which contains databases is running out of space badly that may be causing the issue I am having now I guess.

Any help/idea would be much appreciated.

Regards

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author cal
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Move database?

Try this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2339...

You'll also want to delete any files in the Backup folder - in the database folder: DatabaseName-databasefiles\Backup

Failed backups can stay there and keep being included in the next backup.... this will take a lot of disc space if you don't clear it.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author cal
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Try this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2339...

You'll also want to delete any files in the Backup folder - in the database folder: DatabaseName-databasefiles\Backup

Failed backups can stay there and keep being included in the next backup.... this will take a lot of disc space if you don't clear it.

cal
Tuned Listener

Thank you Mike very much, I am doing it as speak.

Another issue, I hope you don't mind. Recently we moved these databases from vmware (VM-01) server which is in the same box with the new server (ACT-00). I have noticed that the server name from ACT! Diagnostics is still VM-01\ACT7. How can I change/ correct it to the current server (ACT-00)?

Thanks and Regards,

cal
Tuned Listener

Hi Mike, since I made another mistake which I did not create a folder "Databases", and I moved all databases to the top of ActData folder. After that I installed ACT Sync internet, then I realised I did not do the right thing, so I corrected by creating a folder Databases under ActData, and did excatly what I have done sucessfully before as per your link, unfortunately not this time when I opened the company file (ADF) for first time, I got an error message:

Unable to open the physical file [file name], Operating system error 5...

So I have to roll back, How can I fix this? or does it matter whether or not Databases folder?

Thanks and Regards

Seriously, I'd get someone to have a look at it for you and try and work out what you need to recover everything
cal
Tuned Listener

Thank you Mike for your suggestion, in fact before I got into this situation, we already got a certified ACT! to do the move for us. But as you can see, I am still struggling with that it seems to me that I have to learn by the hard way. And we have already got a bill from them.

In regards to my own problem, does it matter if I leave it like that? everything seems to me fine. Or it has to be in Databases folder?

Once again thank you for your help so far.

Regards,

It makes no difference what folder the database is in, providing it's on a local volume and has the right security.

I would get the ACC to complete the work... it's something that should be pretty easy to do remotely with something like GoTo Meeting.

cal
Tuned Listener

Hi Mike,

Thanks again for your help.

As I mentioned we have had a certified ACT to do our requests, but all our requirements now I gotta deal with it because they were not completed on that day, my director has not been happy at all because we got the bill but the jobs were not completed, and I am dealing with the mess at the moment.

That happened, and I think it is good for me to learn because I am so keen to learn the new things.

Regards

It's odd they would send a bill when the project isn't completed, unless it's an agreed milestone payment.

It's just difficult to advise without looking at how the system is set up and where everything is now.