05-19-2011 03:47 AM - edited 05-19-2011 03:48 AM
I am using Sage ACT! Premium 2011 and have various contacts within a group that I want to remove from the group and transfer to another group. Contacts have been assigned to groups automatically though there Status / ID name.
At the moment to achieve this I create a lookup of the group, then in the lookup I highlight the contacts I want to move to another group and then choose “lookup selected contacts”. When I am in this lookup I then go to edit “replace field” I then change the ID/Status to the name of the new group.
This works as it removes these contacts from the old group and transfers them to the new group, but is seems very long winded. I am surprised that there is no option to select the desired contacts directly from the group tab and replace fields, instead of going through this long winded process?
I am unable to manually remove contacts as I added these automatically though ID / Status on import. Is there a way round the long winded approach I am taking?
05-19-2011 04:01 PM
The way that you are currently doing it (dynamically based off of field critera) is the best way to make groups work IMHO. It allows you to follow up on leads, tag them, and then have them dynamically grouped based off of that field flagging.
05-20-2011 08:25 AM
Well I think this is a very long winded approach. Why can't ACT just let you highlight contacts and drag and drop them between groups? I have used other CMS software that operates like this. I am seriously thinking of giving up on ACT as basic features like this should be implemented into the program.
What do others think?
05-20-2011 09:59 AM - edited 05-20-2011 10:02 AM
You can manually grab them, when within a group, right click - do lookup, then select all contacts (or cherry pick) then right click and add them to a group (then go back and remove those that you don't want in the first group) but you are loosing out (IMHO) on the power of dynamic grouping based of field conditions doing it this way.
It is easier for me to call a customer, change the status of a field depending on that call and then have that contact placed appropriately in some other group by the field change that I put in. Not only is it easier but it allows for much more complex processes with other hands involved in the pot.
You have inside sales (telemarketing) that pre-qualify contacts (possible leads) that then get flagged and dependant on that flagging the contact then gets dynamically grouped to; (marketing - email blast group, product line group) (outside sales - based off of territory and product line) (no call list database), ect, ect.