Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Monthly calendar view - can't see the important info!!

Monthly calendar view - can't see the important info!!

We recently upgraded from Act 6 (I believe) to Act Premium 2008.

The upgrade rendered the monthly calendar nearly useless to us, though we lived by it in our old version of ACT.  

I would love an option to NOT display the logon user name in the calendar activity entries.  They take up the whole box and the actual important information cannot be seen, even when I mouse-over.  I have not found an option to manipulate this as yet.  

We are considering rigging this by using initials as login names rather than full names like we have currently.  Though, this still will take up 4-5 characters that do not even need to be there.  We use colors to indicate different users, and therefore, the space taken up by the name being shown is duplicative and pointless for our purposes.

If there is, in fact, a way to eliminate this info from the monthly calendar view, please post to let me know.  

Thanks.

--L 

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Monthly calendar view - can't see the important info!!

Check out the add on Calendar View Plus from Jim Durkin http://www.durkincomputing.com/ this is a wonderfull graphical improvement to the ACT Calendar views. 
Brad Marquardt
realtimeACT, Inc
Colorado, USA
Platinum Elite Contributor

Have you got the activities all scheduled with My Records? It shouldn't do this if the activitiy is with a contact

I am just like you.  I just moved from ACT 6 to Premium 2008.  I noticed this problem too and found that Addon product in this thread.  I will download it to test in about a month.

Same issue with the disapperred calander. I cannot resize the window to view the daily or weekly, etc calendars. I  used the referenced fix for the mini calendars  but I do not have the preferenceBak.xlm files mentioned on my system.  I see only a prferences.xml file. I tried renaming that file to old but no improvement.I am using ACT 11. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Platinum Elite Contributor