Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Mixing version 2007 and 2010 and sync.

Mixing version 2007 and 2010 and sync.

We currently have 12 user licenses of ACT!2007 Premium, but a few users with Office 2007 (which is not compatible).  Act!2007 works fine for us in every other instance.

Would it be possible to buy 2010 for the few users and have them sync to the existing 2007 database?

Re: Mixing version 2007 and 2010 and sync.

No, everyone will need to be on the same version to sync or share a database.
Bronze Super Contributor

Keep in mind also, that even within a given version of Act!, for sync to work, all systems must also have a matching point release also.

Example:  Version 11.1.183.0, Hotfix 1 - all users have to match.  So do not apply an update to a system unless you are ready to do the same for all systems.

Thank you. I suspected that was the case/  Given today's economy, and the fact that it's working fine for us in every other respect, AND, that we can use ACT!'s built in word processor.  I'm less than happy about that, but I guess I have to live with that.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Unfortunately, no. In order to sync and share a database, all users must be on the same version and build of ACT! as the machine that is hosting the main or Publisher database.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.