Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Missing tabs, red crosses and buffer error message

Missing tabs, red crosses and buffer error message

[ Edited ]

Hey all,

i had the a problem occur yesterday when customizing my tabs. Not only did red crosses and buffer message appear on my screen, but ALL of my tabs disappeared!!!! i have tried to fix it according to the link on this blog by checking my DPI and it's fine. i also used the information in the link referring to changing the contact splitter. When i enter contactsplitterpos in the note pad i get an error message that says it can't find it!!?? Any ideas on how to remedy this situation would be greatly appreciated! i am about to pull my hair out!! Smiley Sad

TIA

Jrod444

Content edit.  Fixed formatting.
Message Edited by dlunceford on 08-13-2008 11:34 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Missing tabs, red crosses and buffer error message

jrod444 wrote:

Hey all,

i had the a problem occur yesterday when customizing my tabs. Not only did red crosses and buffer message appear on my screen, but ALL of my tabs disappeared!!!! i have tried to fix it according to the link on this blog by checking my DPI and it's fine. i also used the information in the link referring to changing the contact splitter. When i enter contactsplitterpos in the note pad i get an error message that says it can't find it!!?? Any ideas on how to remedy this situation would be greatly appreciated! i am about to pull my hair out!! Smiley Sad

From your description, it sounds like you have a corrupted layout file. From your mention of using Notepad, I assume that you were trying to edit the layout XML code. If so, you were likely looking for Splitter, not contactsplitterpos. Editing XML code is tricky unless you are familiar with XML coding. It's possible that someone familiar with XML coding would be able to restore your layout file. My personal success with fixing corrupted XML files is about 50 percent. I suspect that you will need to recreate the layout and I would suggest that when you do, do a frequent Save As to a different file name to backup the work completed so far.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129