Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Missing records: how to Report most recent insert/deletion

Missing records: how to Report most recent insert/deletion

The current version of our database is missing a few contact/group records.

Questions:

How are missing records typically handled in ACT Premium? 

Is there a way I can find which user deleted these records?

How to find out what records were created/updated from the old version (which was backed up 10 days a go)?

Thank you!

Re: Missing records: how to Report most recent insert/deletion

Hi,

What type of records are you missing?

If a user did so delete the records, you will find it on the History although it will depend on the environment that your'e at such as;

- Are you sharing a database over a network?

- Synchronize over a network? etc...

-Operating System

-Type of Records

You can provide me the following so i can help you better on your case.

How to find out what records were created/updated from the old version (which was backed up 10 days a go)? <--- im not sure what you meant by this, can you give me a more elaborate description of the problem?

Your humble servant,

Patrix

Pro-ACT! Movement

Greetings Patrix,

A new administrator removed two inactive users and their contact records got deleted.

We are sharing the database, synchronizing over network, same OS (XP), contacts. Is there a way we can compare two versions of the database? ALso please let me know how to find which contacts were added recently? Do new contact inserts get a time stamp?

Appreciate all your help.

Thank you,

Subbiah

Shalom!

A new administrator removed two inactive users and their contact records got deleted. <--- when an administrator removes an inactive user it gives out a prompt if he/she would like to import the contact records into another user.

now, if he does not recall moving those contacts or forgot the user where he moved the files, its unfortunate but theres no way to retrieve a deleted contact.

Yes we can compare two version by openin your database then go to Help>About ACT>from there you can check the versions or build number of each database.

To be able to find the recently Imported contacts, you can go to your database>Lookup>Advanced>Advanced Query> Choose "Contact" for "Search For" and "Type" then on the "Feild Name" choose "Is Imported" and "Equal To (=)" for "Operator" then "True" for "Value". choose "add to list" then click "ok" you can save or either cancel the query and then choose "Replace Lookup" this steps should give you the contact list that contains the recently imported contacts, but if its not an imported contact you can give me the specific defenition of the lookup that you require.

Do new contact inserts get a time stamp? YES! you can search them up on the Advanced Query and choose "Create Date" on the "Field Name" then "Contains Data" for "Operator". you can play on the advanced query settings to get the specific data that you need.

Hope this helped you a bit. Although my answers were limitted to the information that you shared, you may want to provide me all the required data or a different approach of the question so we can narrow down your case and provide you a specific resolution.

Your humble servant,

Patrix

Pro-ACT! Movement
Platinum Elite Contributor

patrix wrote:

Do new contact inserts get a time stamp? YES! you can search them up on the Advanced Query and choose "Create Date" on the "Field Name" then "Contains Data" for "Operator". you can play on the advanced query settings to get the specific data that you need.

Or just right-click on the Create Date field and select Lookup from the menu