Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Missing records from remote database

Missing records from remote database

I am investigating a problem with syncronization of remote databases.   When I compare the users remote database to their subscription list I am finding that there are a significant number of records missing in the master database.

Examples: 

User 1 5041 in remote, 4971 in master

User 2 1154 in remote, 1132 in master

How can I go about forcing these missing records to sync?  How coulc I possible locate them in the remote database?

We are using Sage ACT! Premium 2012 Version 14.1.108.0, Hot Fix 3

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Missing records from remote database

Go to Start/Run/Actdiag.  There you will see a menu listing the databases.  Click on database list, then right-click your database.  Choose Sync Reports, then the Sync History Report.  The report has inbound and outbound sync reports.  There are 3 dates for each of these sections (last completed, last successful, last attempt).   All six of these should match.  If they don't, it means that all of the information isn't getting sent to the master.

Also, there are other hot fixes for your version (6 is the latest one, I think).  Here is the link to the download page.  http://download.act.com/support/downloads/Sage-ACT-Premium-2012-Product-Downloads.html.  Brenda

Brenda Dixon
ACT! Certified Consultant
Dixon Consulting Solutions
404-405-4116
brenda@dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.GoToAssist.com/sb/dixon (FOR SUPPORT)

Re: Missing records from remote database

All the sync dates are matching for all users (checked on the master database), so I do not believe this is the issue.  Didn't see anythin in the release notes for Hotfix6 that remotely applies, but there coudl be something undocumented.   I will check into deploying Hotfix 6.  

-------------------- OUTBOUND/SENT VALUES --------------------
LAST SYNC SUCCESSDATE: May  2 2013  7:40PM
    LAST ATTEMPT DATE: May  2 2013  7:40PM
   LAST COMPLETE DATE: May  2 2013  7:40PM
   *SYNC DUR(MINUTES): 0
      LAST SESSION ID: 73
------------------- INBOUND/RECEIVED VALUES -------------------
LAST SYNC SUCCESSDATE: May  2 2013  7:40PM
    LAST ATTEMPT DATE: May  2 2013  7:40PM
   LAST COMPLETE DATE: May  2 2013  7:40PM
      LAST SESSION ID: 72