Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Missing in Outlook some ACT! Add-in icons related to missing ACT Address book.

Accepted Solution Solved
JM
Nickel Contributor
Accepted Solution

Missing in Outlook some ACT! Add-in icons related to missing ACT Address book.

My configuration is Windows 10, Office 365 Home (2016), ACT! Premium V18 HotFix-7 but this issue is not version specific.

After removing ACT! V17, all SQL program files and Office 2007 I installed Office then ACT! V18 which will be able to install the latest SQL 2014.  I found out I could not see in an ACT! Contact record with email address in its History Tab a sent email.  Also when that contact emailed back I could not in Outlook select that email then find the ACT icon “Attached to ACT contact” to copy it into the History Tab as a record.

ACT_Icons.png

If you find out ACT! KB22776 does not work see what he had to do.

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22776/kw/22776

After 2 hours with support he figured it out that during ACT! installation My Windows 10 PC (unlike his) has a problem with file security permissions that prevented ACT! installer from writing into the MAPISVC.INF file a string of text.  That text (see below) will be read when installer try to add the ACT DB Address book into Outlook then write one more line item.

A quick tale tell sign if your Office Outlook properties is not right because of a Windows issue when Programs are installed, like Office, you can right-click on the Outlook.EXE select Properties and notice there is no Compatibility Tab (at least that is what he told me his PC had it showing).

ACT_Properties.bmp

After you do a search to locate in C: drive all MAPISVC.INF you can open its properties\security Tab and add “Everyone” user and assign it Full Control. If you still cannot save the text open up the security right some more.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033>

MAPISVC_Security.bmp

***Then you can paste this using Notepad.exe

ACTSP9=ACT! Address Book

APFWSP9=

[ACTSP9]

Providers=ACTAB9

PR_SERVICE_DLL_NAME=Act9AB.dll

PR_SERVICE_DELETE_FILES=Act9AB.dll

PR_SERVICE_SUPPORT_FILES=Act9AB.dll

PR_SERVICE_ENTRY_NAME=ServiceEntry

PR_RESOURCE_FLAGS=SERVICE_SINGLE_COPY|SERVICE_NO_PRIMARY_IDENTITY

WIZARD_ENTRY_NAME=WizardEntry

[ACTAB9]

PR_PROVIDER_DLL_NAME=Act9AB.dll

PR_RESOURCE_TYPE=MAPI_AB_PROVIDER

PR_PROVIDER_DISPLAY=ACT! Address Book

PR_DISPLAY_NAME=ACT! Address Book

[APFWSP9]

[APFWP9]

Now go back to Outlook Options Account Settings\Tab>Address Books Click on New… to now see and add the ACT! Address Book (as you in see in the last screen shot that is now there after the INF fix to select it so it will be in Address book Tab of listed ones.

outlook_Address book.bmp

Hope this helps,

JM

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author JM
‎03-24-2016 09:31 AM
Administrator

Re: Missing in Outlook some ACT! Add-in icons related to missing ACT Address book.

Thanks for posting this info JM.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author JM
‎03-24-2016 09:31 AM
Administrator

Re: Missing in Outlook some ACT! Add-in icons related to missing ACT Address book.

Thanks for posting this info JM.