Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Missing contacts in ACT

Missing contacts in ACT

Hi everyone,

We've run into a problem of contact records completing disappearing from our database!  We've lost about 20 contacts in the last week.  There is no indication that they are being accidentally deleted, as I've searched each user's history.

What could be causing this?

Thank you.

Tuned Listener

Re: Missing contacts in ACT

There is one  DANGEROUS feature to watch.

As you know, if you have a list of contacts, and you right click to delete 1 contact, the prompts come back and ask whether you want to delete one contact or the lookup. I dont get why the programmers strucuture it this way, but I have fallen afoul of this once.

Thanks.

We're using web-based ACT! Premium and I don't think the right click function works with this program.  I just tried it and couldn't get the delete command to appear when right clicking a contact. You have to choose 'delete contact' from the menu...unless I'm missing something.

twice i have lost more than half of my contacts and all i deleted was 3 subgroups. I did right click on them and say delete and it does say "Deleting subgroups cannot be undone. Would you like to delete the current subgroup?" it says nothing about deleting the contacts associated with them.