Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Missing Schedule Activities after Save As empty Copy DB

JM
Nickel Contributor

Missing Schedule Activities after Save As empty Copy DB

Running 2013 Prem. ver 15.1.108

What are the steps for Save As Empty Copy of DB then import from Source into new Target DB insuring my Activities carry over.

Only thing I can do form Source DB is export from Task table my list view of taks and manually re-create them in new DB.

BTW if you can explain a way to also recover all my Relationships defined into the new Target DB that is another big thing Save Empty Copy DB steps need to address.

Silver Contributor

Re: Missing Schedule Activities after Save As empty Copy DB

Another idea would be to do a save Copy (full copy) and just delete what you don't want.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

JM
Nickel Contributor

Unless things changed after ACT2011 ACT! support said to recreate a clean DB no corruption Save As Empty is the way to go.  I hope the new company will address how complex the steps our to address corruption in DB and what was in Source should get copied/imported into new Target DB such as Activities, Relationships, Activated users, Teams,the defined teams, and field security settings.

JM

JM
Nickel Contributor

I want to refresh this issue of limited steps for the Save As Empty Copy Database to help fix a corrupt DB.

Besides not able exporting and import Tasks for all ACT! Users in DB by file or DB to DB are other parts missing.

The Defined Relationships Tab

Teams are not carried over in the empty copy, have to recreate them.

You have to know to first Export Company table from DB to DB before Contacts in order to recover your Contacts linked to the Company Table whihch can been seen in the Contact Record Company field with Blue & underline-font.

Not 100% sure always happens and how to find the records that had fields that were not updated or filled in, but I noticed it when I compared the fields from one DB to another DB after exporting them to Spreadsheet.

- Unknown why but after I get a Contact list defined doing Looked up then filter out by using the Omit/Look Selected when I do Export DB fields into Sourece DB fields I had some fields that would not replace data if data was in the field or not even put data in a field.

- Only if I did All Contacts and export DB to DB did all the fields update.

JM