Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Missing Outlook in Email Preferences

Copper Contributor

Missing Outlook in Email Preferences

[ Edited ]

Suddenly clicking the email address in Contact database v18 I get error. and ACT shut down.

Outlook 2016 working outside ACT normally.

Checking Email Preferences, and I don't see anymore Outlook, in the Email Setup Wizard ........so ..

How to repair : I tried Restore As  from previous Backup. .. but same problem ACT working OK,  Outlook working oK  but OUTIDE ACTv18 (Win10) local.

Tried Check/Repair  .                   . no result..

Tried Act.Outlook.Repair   (exe/application) ... no result

IS THIS DUE TO RECENT  WIN10 or Office2016 (silent) update, deleting the link between ACT and Outlook 2016 ??

How to repair ?

MEANTIME FOUND SOLUTION:  Reinstalled Office 2016, see again Outlook in Email Wizard Setup and everything working again. BUT

now BLOCKING in Outlook/Office/Win10  any future Microsoft updates..!

Thanks. William

Administrator

Re: Missing Outlook in Email Preferences

Hi William,

Yes, unfortunately there's been some issues integrating Act! with the latest build of Microsoft Office (16.0.8201.xxx) - and we're currently recommending reverting your Office 2016 to a known working build (16.0.4229.xxxx).

You can check your build number in Outlook by going to File > Office Account > About Outlook...

If you're already on this build or lower, we recommend temporarily disabling updates to ensure that the affected update isn't applied.

If you are already on one of the affected versions, you can follow the steps in the following KnowledgeBase article to roll back.

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38580 

Copper Contributor

Re: Missing Outlook in Email Preferences

Thanks,have noted.terrible that MS is deleting such things... we have blocked updates now.