Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Missing Dialer

Missing Dialer

[ Edited ]

I just upgraded to ACT2010 Version 12.1 Hotfix 1 from pervious version of ACT 2010.

I can not get the dialer to work.  It worked fine in the prior version. 

It works thru outlook contacts.  I can see the modem or line in the dialer preferences.

Any help would be appreciated.

***  Latest News  ***

The dialer suddenly appeared in ACT - However the dialer has a way of disappearing and reappearing if I change the setting from on to off and than back to on again.

Message Edited by mcclosky on 03-26-2010 12:21 PM

Re: Missing Dialer

I am having a similar issue.  I also just upgraded to SP1 for ACT2010 with the hotfix included.  Prior to the upgrade my Dialer (Which is connected to an Oaisys Net Server) was working perfectly. 

Now, every time I launch ACT the dialer does not work.  When I pull up a contact the Dialer Icon is grayed out.  I have to go into Tools > Preferences > Communication > Dialer and when I do everything is checked off and enabled just like it was before.  In order to get it working I have to UNCHECK the Use Dialer box and hit Ok and Ok to close the boxes.  Then I go right back in and Check off the Use Dialer box..... Now when I go to a contact the Dialer button is accessable again and I can use it just fine.  That is Until I close Act.  Next time I open it up again I have to repeat the steps above.

Any ideas?

-Brian

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Missing Dialer

Hello,

This is a known issue with the 2010 SP1 update and has been reported to our developement team. This issue is currently under investigation and we hope to have it resolved in the next hot fix for ACT! 2010. A release date for the next hotfix has not yet been determined, but an update will be provided when more information is available. The only workaround at this time to disable, then re-enable the dialer after you reopen ACT!. I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.