Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Migrating to ACT 2009 Premium

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Migrating to ACT 2009 Premium

Hi all, newbie here. I have an ACT 2007 DB running on a standalone PC and will be migrating to a shared contact DB shortly. (less than 10 users to share, so ACT 2009 Premium correct?) My second question is does the server that will be hostn the shared DB require it's own license? Thanks for you help

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author steveo76
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Migrating to ACT 2009 Premium

With less than 10 users, you could use either the standard or the premium version. My rule of thumb is five or less users, standard is fine unless specific premium features, particularly add security, is required. For five but less that 10, I would suggest the premium version. Over 10 users, you must use the premium version.

The licenses go with the names users, not the installed machine so a license is not required for the server. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author steveo76
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Migrating to ACT 2009 Premium

With less than 10 users, you could use either the standard or the premium version. My rule of thumb is five or less users, standard is fine unless specific premium features, particularly add security, is required. For five but less that 10, I would suggest the premium version. Over 10 users, you must use the premium version.

The licenses go with the names users, not the installed machine so a license is not required for the server. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129