Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Migrate to Sage ACT Premium 2011 issue

Migrate to Sage ACT Premium 2011 issue

Hello,

I have issue with new Sage ACT Premium 2011. I successfully installed new ACT 2011 but when I tried to upgrade my old 2010 database I have received error: "Exceptions occurred while executing the database Schema Update Script".

I read about the issue I have found some hitfixs I tried to install some of them but it does not help. My location version is Europe also I dawnload hotfix for Europe version. I do not know where is the issue.

Please if you have any suggestion or some idea please let me know.

Best regards

Re: Migrate to Sage ACT Premium 2011 issue

Please somebody any suggestion.

Today I have tried to make copy from my ACT 2010 database and try to upgrade copy it does not work.

But when I create an empty database in 2010 and import data from my orioginal database after importing I trued to upgrade to

2011 it works. Issuse with that solution is that import does not copy extended fields from my original database.

Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Nemanja,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

It sounds as if you have 2 computers (one with 2010 and one with 2011) - if that is the case, here are some steps to try:

- in 2010: run maintenance on your database.  First run Tools > Database Maintenance > Check and Repair.  Then use the Actdiag utility to run additional maintenance (including Schema rebuild).  Here is an article with instructions: KB Article 19642

Test conversion.  If it fails, try rebooting the 2011 computer and try conversion again.

- in 2010: create Empty Copy of your database.  This is done through File > Save Copy As > select Empty Copy.  Attempt to convert the Empty Copy.  If it is successful, you can then create a new Empty Copy (to get a new name) and then import all data from original database into the Empty Copy > then attempt to convert.

Note: These steps can be done on a single computer, but would be very hard due to the need to uninstall/reinstall the version of ACT! several times.

Greg Martin
Sage

Hi,

Thank you for your replay. I have already tried that solution but it does not help me. I contact ACT support and they recommend me to create backup of my database and send them because they need to manually change the database and run some sql script. Politics of my company does not allow us to share information and that solution is not possible for me. So I think to downgrade licences from 2011 to 2010. If I find some other solution I will explain it. Thanks

Platinum Super Contributor

Do you happen to have custom Company fields for 'Territory' and 'Region'?  If you have 2010 re-installed, rename the 2 Company fields (ex: Territory1 and Region1) > then reinstall 2011 and attempt to update the database.

Greg Martin
Sage