Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Microsoft CRM conversion successes?

Avid Listener

Microsoft CRM conversion successes?

Has anyone had success or positive results converting to microsoft CRM.  Just looking for feedback we have about 31,000 contacts.and might look to try this.

-Paul

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Microsoft CRM conversion successes?

Paul,
Since you are looking to convert 'to' MS CRM, if you haven't already - you may also want to try getting feedback from their community.

Since most (if not all) active members of the ACT! Community use Sage ACT!, they may be able to provide reasons they did not convert to MS CRM.
Greg Martin
Sage
Nickel Super Contributor

In my opinion ... If I want to grow more after ACT! - I would look SalesLogix ... Quality is my first goal.

If you need more performance (Contacts quantity and Database size) then consider SQL Server 2008 R2 Standard on your server.

Avid Listener

How much more involved is moving to Microsoft SQL from the out of the box database?  Does it require a different version of act?

Bronze Elite Contributor

Paul,

If you itemise the reasons why you are considering MS CRM perhaps the community can comment with more informed feedback? 

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Avid Listener

They have used act for years.  The speed is aweful, there is about 30K in contacts,  we are running an old server (im sure that doesnt help) we are iminently upgrading to a new one . We want remote support and out of the box that isnt easy to setup.  I have seen the growing popularity of Microsoft CRM and wondered about it.  Its hosted everywhere so I was curious.

-Paul

Bronze Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Often ACT! will be blamed for lack of responsiveness because either the equipment or the network or both are in a poor state or overloaded. ACT! as the customer list, is relied on to work efficiently and any pent up frustration of a poor operating environment can be taken out on ACT!. With the surge in cloud computing, the response is to look to the next online option that attracts attention, not having to address the underlying problem and expense of replacing a server, for instance.

Online is certainly an option and there are ACT! consultants that can help with hosting services. However the first step is to identify the business needs, the pain points and then the choice of online vs. on premise hosting or improving the aging equipment becomes clear. At least talking to an ACT! consultant is the first step.

For a list of consultants in USA refer:  http://na.sage.com/Sage-ACT/Partners/certified-consultants 

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog