Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Microsoft Access 2007 conflict?

Copper Contributor

Microsoft Access 2007 conflict?

One of my users just upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2007.   She needs to work with an app called EARS provided by CPI http://www.computerpackages.com/ears.asp  which uses Microsoft Access to function. 

I am frankly ignorant about how EARS function other than the  info above.. I need to call CPI Monday and get more info. 

She has Windows XP, and has ACT! by Sage Premium 2008 (10.0) (ST Edition) Version 10.0.3.182, Hotfix 1. 

And her SQL server (from Actdiag) is Microsoft SQL Server Express Edition, SP2, Build 9.00.3042.00.

Just after the upgrade to Office 2007 and configuring the CPI app to work, she started getting the Big Evil message in ACT: Error: "The database <Database name> could not be accessed. In order to access this database, check your network connection and verify that your database server is available. It may be necessary to disable any firewall software..."

I am worried that there is some conflict between the Access 2007 and ACT, via SQL.... somehow.    Sorry this is vague, but I wondered if anybody has had issues that may relate?  I will provide more info Monday when I learn more about CPI..

Thanks

Re: Microsoft Access 2007 conflict?

Are you getting this when opening Outlook or ACT!?  If its ACT!, make sure the SQL service is started.

- Close ACT!

- Go to Start and select Run.

- Type in services.msc and click Ok.

- Find SQL Server (ACT7) and start the service.

Copper Contributor

Re: Microsoft Access 2007 conflict?

Thanks for taking a shot at this.  Yes the SQL Server (ACT7) instance was started.  All the SQL services were started that you expect to see. 

Over the weekend I uninstalled a bunch of stuff (ACT, Office 2007, and a bunch of clutter) and reinstalled what was needed, and everything is in harmony now. 

I did not reinstall a bunch of gewgaws included in Office 2007 that were installed before (Groove and other Office extras) so the problem ~may~ have been with one of those.

Thanks tho!