Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Merging a database.

Merging a database.

Let me start out by saying the database conversion from 6.0 to 2010 Premium is a hassle that I would not wish on my worst enemy. I have put weekends and evenings into a conversion that should be simple. Now, 2 weeks and about 120 hours later along with little to no help with the Cadillac support plan I bought from Sage, I'm finally almost done, so I'm reaching out to fellow users for help.

Long story short, I now have two databases, one of which has been used by everyone in the company for about two weeks now. The other is a 100% working database with all the files attached and ready to rock. For some reason, the database that everyone's been using, the files in the hostory tab did not convert over and was not picked up in the final report for the conversion (Hence why we used it for two weeks). Basically, I need to find a way to merge the two databases so that only the history tab of the working database will merge with the database we're currently using without erasing the new history that we've put in since the conversion date.

Any help would be greatly appriciated and rewarded with a cookie of your choosing.

Re: Merging a database.

Bumping to the top of the top of the list and still looking for help.