Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Memo Fields

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Memo Fields

Small but annoying problem:   I have Memo fields in my Contact Layout & I can do a "carrier return" to start a note on a new line.  I can't do this in my Memo field in Opportunities -- I have to space over to the next line.  Any reason why? 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jillian Trish
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Memo Fields

Hello Jillian,
To go to the next line in a Memo field, you would press Ctrl+Enter. If this is not working, then verify that the field is actually a Memo-type field and not a Character field.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jillian Trish
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Hello Jillian,
To go to the next line in a Memo field, you would press Ctrl+Enter. If this is not working, then verify that the field is actually a Memo-type field and not a Character field.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Grieg ---

Ctrl+Enter does it!  I now won't get annoyed when I'm entering my notes.  Thank you! -- Jillian

By the way it's Shift+Enter in ACT! for Windows.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Shift+Enter does not work for me (ACT 2012 SP1). Have to use Ctrl+Enter. May be be O/S or keyboard driver specific.

Greig Hollister

Bronze Contributor

Ditto Greig - CTRL+Enter only

Signature

Just checked APFW (internet access) and it's Shift+enter. Ctrl+enter doesn't work.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

BTW, you can get just the Enter button to work in Memo fields by removing all Enter stops in the layout and using only Tab stops. Applies to both Web and Windows.

Greig Hollister

Copper Contributor

Grieg,

Just checked my Opportunities layout, & I do not have any Enter stops set -- only Tab stops. 

The Enter stops may not be immediately visible - did you clear them and save the layout?

Greig Hollister