Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Memo Field disappeared

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Memo Field disappeared

In Act Sage Pre 2008

I was updating the Contact Layout with the design tool.   Got that all done ok and then I had a "Memo" field that was called "ARea of Specialty" just for making generic type comments.   Now that field has disappeared, can't find it anywhere.   Added several new fields and during the process this one disappeared.  

Any Ideas?

Jim

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author JimTer
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Memo Field disappeared

PRESTO!!!  

Been looking for that field for 2 months now, and there it is.  Perfect!!

Many thanks Roy.

Jim

View solution in original post

All Replies
Bronze Super Contributor

It can be pretty easy to inadvertantly drag/move a field without realizing you did it, and possible push the field of the screen.

One way to figure out if the field is indeed still in your layout, but somewhere hidden, is to use the memo field tool to draw another memo field in the layout.  If after you do this, you do not see your 'missing' memo in the dialog list, than you know that it is still on the layout somewhere, and you will need to try to search it out and get it back in place.

If it is in the list of memo fields to choose from after drawing in a new memo field, than the original field was removed from your layout in some fashion.  Just select the memo from the list, and you have added it back to your layout.

Any one field can only be placed in a layout one time, no matter where or what tab you place it in.

Copper Contributor

1. One way to figure out if the field is indeed still in your layout, but somewhere hidden, is to use the memo field tool to draw another memo field in the layout.  If after you do this, you do not see your 'missing' memo in the dialog list, than you know that it is still on the layout somewhere, and you will need to try to search it out and get it back in place.  

**  I tried this and the missing memo field "Area of Specialty" does not show up on the dialog list anywhere.   In the Design Layout "Contacts" I searched all the contact screens and the tab screens and could not find the missing field anywhere.   I even went so far as to move all the "Fields" around on the screen (in the design mode) thinking that somehow the missing field may have been hiden behind another field.  I found nothing.  But becase the missing field does not show up in the Memo field dialog box when I try to create a new memo feild, I know that the missing field is still in there somewhere.   What to do?

Jim 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Go to the layout designer for the contact layout and show the properties panel (F4 or View | Properties). At the top of the panel, select the control for the Memo field and the layout should jump to the location of the field. If it's off the regular screen, set the location properties to 0 horizontal and 0 vertical, thet will bring it back on screen and then you can position it where you want.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Solution
Accepted by topic author JimTer
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

PRESTO!!!  

Been looking for that field for 2 months now, and there it is.  Perfect!!

Many thanks Roy.

Jim