Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Meeting vs To-Do Functionality

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Meeting vs To-Do Functionality

Is there a difference in the functionality of scheduling a Meeting vs a To-Do?  Or is it merely defining the type of Activity?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jillian Trish
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Meeting vs To-Do Functionality

Well, if you want to use reporting or dashboards that accurately reflect what the users have scheduled or have already completed, than it is wise to use the appropriate activity type.

Another potentially important benefit of using the Meeting Activity type when scheduling meetings, is that when the user completes/clears the activity, the system field "Last Meeting" is automatically updated to reflect the date that the meeting was held.  Creating and clearing a To-Do will not do that.

If your sales process would benefit from being able to do a lookup and see all of the contacts with whom no one in your organization has held a meeting in the last "X" days, then this is rather important to use the correct activity type.

I have a 5 minute video on my site that details how these fields work here.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nickel Contributor

It is just the type of activity.

Gilles Cavin
http://www.exponenciel.com
Make sure you check our free Act! add-ons!
Create Web forms in seconds and import form results directly into Act! with Automatic Web Forms
Fill in PDF Forms without retyping data using Act! to PDF Forms
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jillian Trish
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

Well, if you want to use reporting or dashboards that accurately reflect what the users have scheduled or have already completed, than it is wise to use the appropriate activity type.

Another potentially important benefit of using the Meeting Activity type when scheduling meetings, is that when the user completes/clears the activity, the system field "Last Meeting" is automatically updated to reflect the date that the meeting was held.  Creating and clearing a To-Do will not do that.

If your sales process would benefit from being able to do a lookup and see all of the contacts with whom no one in your organization has held a meeting in the last "X" days, then this is rather important to use the correct activity type.

I have a 5 minute video on my site that details how these fields work here.

Copper Contributor

Scott,

Just the information I need.  Many thanks! -- Jillian

Bronze Super Contributor

GRe: Meeting vs To-Do Functionality

Copper Contributor

Re: GRe: Meeting vs To-Do Functionality

I intended to enter a meeting in history that occurred last year but neglected to change the date before saving it (too much of a hurry). So the Last Meeting field indicates today's date. No problem - I thought - I'll just change the date and refresh the record; that should update the Last Meeting field - NOT!

Any ideas how to fix an incorrect Last Meeting field entry?

I've tried a database maintenance; closing ACT; stopping SQL and then opening everything back up but it didn't work. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks...rd

Bronze Super Contributor

Until something occurs that will push the date forward, don't think there is really anything you can do unless you could get under the covers of the system to the "raw" data...

Probably not worth it or a good idea unless you really knew all the ins and outs of what happens behind the scene with that portion of the system...

Copper Contributor

Thanks...