Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Max number of contacts sync'ed with a smart phone

Copper Contributor

Max number of contacts sync'ed with a smart phone

I had a client recently ask what the limit was for sync'ing ACT to a smart phone, like the BlackBerry or the iPhone. She has over 35,000 ACT contacts. Using Handheld Contact or CompanionLink, does anyone know what the sync record limit is? I contacted CompanionLink tech support and they said that they didn't know 9which I found odd).

Greater Chicago area ACC
Silver Contributor

Re: Max number of contacts sync'ed with a smart phone

Limit on HHC is 3500 or so, but can be manually set higher.  Basically, you are trading number of contacts /notes/history for performance and space on the handheld.  I have personally tested to about 9000 contacts.  They would not every sugest going as high as 35000.

With companionlink since it doesn't bring over as much, you might see higher numbers, but I'd be suprised to go that high. I think i got to 13,000 in the past since it just is going to send basic contact info.

I think with that many contacts in either platform you would see serious performance implications. Would be far better to filter the list with a dynamic group and keep the number to 5000 or less.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Max number of contacts sync'ed with a smart phone

I have 7000 contacts on my iPhone with no problems via Handheld Contact

Nothing will support 35K on the phone.